BC Muslim School is looking for qualified and motivated individuals. Candidates should possess a strong work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, and an enthusiasm to work with students. BC Muslim School pays a competitive salary with benefits based on qualification and experience.
Job Post Date: June 01, 2023
Job Post Date: Dec 08, 2023
Full Time Homeroom Teacher – KG-Gr.9
BCMS is searching for a caring, enthusiastic and dedicated teacher, who can deliver engaging lessons that inspire students to develop a love for learning. If this is you, then consider BCMS home!
A suitable candidate will demonstrate unit and lesson planning, effective classroom management skills, and teaching the core subject areas using the British Columbia curriculum. All faiths/value systems are welcome. Ascribing to the Muslim faith is not a requirement, however, knowledge of Islam and Islamic traditions is a strong asset.
· Obtained a Bachelor of Education from a Canadian university
· Holds a valid teaching license (from a CANADIAN province) or is in process of obtaining one
· Possess excellent classroom management skills
· Knowledge of BC Primary/intermediate curriculum (preferred)
· Relevant experience in primary/intermediate classrooms (an asset)
· Respects the Islamic faith and culture General Responsibilities
· Design unit plans and daily lesson plans in accordance to the BC curriculum requirements
· Employs a variety of instructional methods that are holistic in nature.
· Is able to differentiate their teaching to meet the diverse learning needs of their students.
· Takes a proactive approach to classroom discipline and understands how to constructively resolve student conflict, disruptions or misbehavior.
Upon the initial interview and subsequent review of the candidate’s skills and accomplishments, the following documents will be required to complete the application process:
· Valid Teaching Certificate from a Canadian Province OR Valid BC Teacher Certificate/proof if in process
· Recent Criminal Record Check
· Official undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts
· Teaching evaluations (for experienced teachers)
· Two letters of reference
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $43,862.00 – $69,560.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All Ministry of Education Guidelines are being followed for Covid-19
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Expected start date: Aug 15, 2023